Here’s how you can help Mediterranean Deli, DB Sutton & Co., Simply Audrey and Moshi Moshi
As we all know by now, a fire broke out at Mediterranean Deli on Franklin Street on July 22. Seven fire and emergency response agencies responded and, at peak, 73 firefighters were on scene. As Jamil later said, “The fire department fought like their own kids were in there.”
Med Deli was destroyed, and DB Sutton & Co., Moshi Moshi, Tropical Smoothie and Simply Audrey were impacted. The next day, The Chamber for a Greater Chapel Hill-Carrboro convened business leaders, including our own Rory Gillis, president of Triangle Digital Partners, as well as local government representatives, business support organizations like Chapel Hill Downtown Partnership, Med Deli insurance experts and dislocated worker services for a briefing from the fire chief as well as to share information and begin planning a collective response.
During the Chamber’s meeting on Wednesday, we toured the damage, met some of the first responders and learned how we can help make an impact.
Want to help?
- Put in a catering order at Med Deli! (They will start back up using other restaurants’ kitchens on Saturday.)
- Make a purchase from Simply Audrey’s online store, order a gift card or hire owner Karen Cunningham for some personal styling.
- DB Sutton & Co.’s wine shop will reopen in the future. Keep an eye out and then get those wine orders in!
- Moshi Moshi has a Durham location, so go get some highlights or a trim!
- Donate to the GoFundMe for the employees of Med Deli (which is up to $185K, last time we checked!).
We want to thank the Chamber for its steadfast commitment to bringing together all the community partners as well as the first responders who answered the call.